Keeping up with trends for colors, scents, and designs will keep your products on the cutting edge. Each year, Pantone, which is the authority on color, releases Fall/Winter color trends to the fashion industries. You can use these color trends to make your soaps and other products or packaging. Here are the suggested colors of the season. Click to see the Fall 2014 Pantone Fashion Color Report in full.
Likewise, Seven Scent acts as one of the authorities on scent and provides a yearly trend report for fragrances. This year, they have made the following scent predictions.
- Rose: A dark and dramatic interpretation of the rose, this rich, velvety and spicy fragrance is coupled with intense notes of saffron and oud.
- Very berry: Dark, rich, plump and juicy berries add depth to fragrances.
- Scents of spirits: Gin-like notes of juniper berries and the smoky aromas of whiskey and rum, add complexity and a sophisticated edge.
- Concentrated creations: Darker and spicier compositions feature patchouli and amber.
- Futuristic Folklore: An eclectic, warm, rich and spicy fragrance, inspired by a vibrant, multicultural world.
- Augmented Authenticity: Appealing to the digital generation, an energetic kaleidoscope of fruity berries, heady floral accents and warm base of sandalwood and musks.
- Engineered Evolution: A strong, bold construction where oil-soaked leather and urban woods lead to a sculptured base of metallic musks and amber resin.